The IFAC Foundation invites young authors who are giving papers at the IFAC SAFEPROCESS 2022 Symposium to apply for Developing Countries – Young Author Support consisting of waive of registration fees.
A person is eligible for support if the person meets all of the following criteria:
- The person must be an author of a technical paper which has been accepted at the Symposium.
- The person must not be a citizen of a high-income country/region and must not be affiliated to or supported by an institution in a high-income country/region. A list of high-income countries can be found here.
- The person must be younger than 30 years during the Symposium.
- A funding is provided by the IFAC Foundation to IFAC SAFEPROCESS 2022 Symposium to waive the registration fees of a limited number of applications that can be supported.
- Submission of an application represents no guarantee that funding will be given.
- Only one author per paper can be supported.
- Recipients must register in advance for the SAFEPROCESS 2022 symposium. Travel, accommodation, visa and insurance costs remain the responsibility of the recipient.
- Presentation of the paper at the symposium by the successful applicant is a requisite for support.
- Recipients must write a short report (a few lines) about their work, paper title, and stating what the attendance meant to them, and what they learnt. Applying for the award implies that the recipients give their consent that the report together with their picture and a brief bio will be uploaded on the Foundation website.
- Deadline for Applications: (
30 November 2021) 17 December 2021
- Applicants notified: 15 April 2021
- Provide a copy of valid passport or identification card as a proof of citizenship and age, in PDF or JPG format.
- Complete the form “Personal Details” (see attachment).
- Email “Personal Details” form and the citizenship/age proof to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30, 2021.